Helpful
Replies

The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit) and MAPI problems

PerstorpNIH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

Problem description:

When MAPI acceleration (exchange/outlook) is Active in our WAAS environment, the remote site users randomly lose connection to the Exchange server (on hub site), if I disable the MAPI acceleration everything works ok.  so right now we are running with MAPI accelearation Disabled

I can see that we often get max_conn_reject The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit), we haven't done any adjustments to the default configuration. 

The environment is one Hubsite with two remote sites.

[Hub Site] 34mbit

HW=OE674

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

[Remote Site1] 4 mbit

HW=OE474

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

[Remote Site2] 4mbit

HW=OE474

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

So the question is how to solve this?!                                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had a feeling that you might have alot of computer remotely.

One of the main factors in sizing a WAAS soluiton is to keep in mind the number of TCP connections that a single WAE can optimize.

We limit the device on optimized TCP connections.After you hit the limit the device will go into the overload state that you mentioned.

274 - 200 connections

474 - 400 connections.

Typically from a sizing a single workstation would be sized from 7-10 TCP connections.

The 2nd factor in sizing is bandwidth - WAAS doesn't limit bandwidth but this is recommended for the CPU throughput.

274 - 2 Megs

474 - 4 Megs

The 3rd factor is redundancy,. HA, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

remember if this answrs your questions, please mark as answered and with a 5.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Eric Rose
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many users / computers are at the remote locations?

Hi Eric!

Remote site1 = 450 computers

Remote site2 = 250 computers

/Hakan

I had a feeling that you might have alot of computer remotely.

One of the main factors in sizing a WAAS soluiton is to keep in mind the number of TCP connections that a single WAE can optimize.

We limit the device on optimized TCP connections.After you hit the limit the device will go into the overload state that you mentioned.

274 - 200 connections

474 - 400 connections.

Typically from a sizing a single workstation would be sized from 7-10 TCP connections.

The 2nd factor in sizing is bandwidth - WAAS doesn't limit bandwidth but this is recommended for the CPU throughput.

274 - 2 Megs

474 - 4 Megs

The 3rd factor is redundancy,. HA, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

remember if this answrs your questions, please mark as answered and with a 5.

I am having a same issue. What's the solution ? I seen few facts that also apply to my network but I didn't seen a proposed solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: