Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail box not created.

I had this problem and the only fix that I could do was change the extension number.  We are using 0700 extension for our unity voice mail server and I had a users that had extensions 0701, 0702, 0703 and their voice mail boxes would not work.  But when I move them to 0721, 0722, 0723 the voice mail boxes work just fine.  I am guesting that Unity voice mail server reserves 10 lines when you setup the extension to communicate with it.  Example if I use 0600 as my extension for my voice mail server  then I can not have any voice mail boxes from 0601 through 0609.  This seem to be on the voice mail server side of the house. You can have these extensions in the call manager but you can not give them voice mail box.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think what you are saying is that you are trying to use the same extensions on IP phones that used for Unity voicemail ports, in that case, you can not do.

Even with calling search spaces, it will not work correctly.    Voicemail ports need to have unique extensions on the system and not overlap anywhere.

I would recommend you rebuild your voicemail port extension and voicemail pilot number to something unique.  Then everything should work fine.

Hi Chris,

Just to add a note to the great tips from my friend Tommer (+5 TCAT)

The Unity Ports can be any unassigned DN's, so if your phones use

numbers that begin with 07 then pick an unused range (like 33xx) to use

when creating ports. The port wizard will try to generate sequential numbers

http://www.cisco.mn/application/pdf/paws/52340/create-ccm4x-vm-port.pdf

Cheers!

Huff

No we are not duplicating any extension numbers.Everyone has their own unique number. For example, the call handler is 0700 and the then end users start at 0701, 0702, 0703, etc. It's just these lower extension such as 0701, 0702, 0703, etc. cannot recieve voice mail. When an outside caller calls 0703 for example, they get the prompts to set up voice mail as if they were the person that number is asssigned to. As was mentioned above when 0703 was changed to 0723 everything worked fine. In doing this, we theroized that maybe these lower extensions were reserved for some reason by the server because of the call handler having the extension of 0700.

Check the routing then in Unity. It sounds like someone has those numbers on forwarded to auto sign in or something.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/interface_reference/guide/dom/50curg100d.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: