cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - SPA Phones - UC540

jwcasey007
Level 1
Level 1

I know the SPA 500 phones (except for 501) will support extension mobility if they are configured as SIP.  In doing that, do I lose any other feature functionality by NOT using SCCP?  Such as SNR, fax to email, etc...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear Sir;

EM was added on a recent release to the SPA500 phones, so I imagine you check some old documentation or documentation that has not been updated. If you have the link please let me know so that we can update the documentation.

Regards

Alberto

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Extension mobility feature is with UC500 using SPCP protocol, not SIP. This is similar if using 7900 series phones.

Regards
Alberto

well, i think i found some documentation indicating that the SPA phones don't support EM in any facet.  Is there any validity to that?  Apparently EM needs XML stuff and the SPA phones don't have it.  So I think my question was based upon false info on the SPA phones

Dear Sir;

EM was added on a recent release to the SPA500 phones, so I imagine you check some old documentation or documentation that has not been updated. If you have the link please let me know so that we can update the documentation.

Regards

Alberto

Thanks Alberto, I really appreciate the support.

Do you know if these SPA phones support a "call barge" type feature set?