Telco Trunk Groups and Local Route Groups

Unanswered Question
Jan 7th, 2010

I am upgrading our Call Manager infrastructure from 4.1 to 7.1, all new hardware. Our Corp office has x3 PRI circuits configured in a telco trunk group. These x3 PRI's are configured in a Route Group (RG) in our CCM v 4.1. The middle circuit in this RG has never been utilized. Therefore, I'd like to pull that out of the route group. Then, I have a test router (using MGCP) I am going to install and connect to that unused circuit. Basically, my goal is to create a "branch" office within our CorpHQ/IT Dept. It will connect to the CCM v 4.1 cluster as I engineer the migration to CUCM 7.1. So, each one of these circuits has a D channel. My big question though????? Once I pull that unused circuit out of that configuration (I'll delete it from our current Route Group), will I still be able to make inbound/outbound calls. I am not quite clear on how the telco will handle this. I suspect outbound calls would work fine. Maybe I am wrong.

What about inbound calls? What if I create a more exact match translation pattern for test DID's and assigned them to a new calling search space. My confusion is how do those dialed digits hit my test router in this trunk/route group config??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion