cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Into EIGRP

rpeirce
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 wan routers A & Bthat are getting routes from different locations (One from WAN, the other from IPSEC/GRE Tunnels)  I have IBGP setup between them, and this is working.  Router A is redistrubing BGP into EIGRP, I would like router B to do the same, but not sure if it will distribute the learned routes from Router A and cause routing issues.  Essentialy I have 2 Routes to my sites, 1 from Router A over the IPFR and the other from Router B via GRE tunnels,and I need to make sure that if either goes down, that the routes from BGP will be redistubuted into EIGRP.

2 Replies 2

rais
Level 7
Level 7

You need to clarify your issue and send some more details.

If the two routers are connecting to different sites, there shouldn't be any issues with redistributing different learned routes into EIGRP.

Thanks.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Rpierce,

are you also redistributing EIGRP into BGP?

multiple mutual = bidirectional redistribution points are a problem and would require appropriate route filtering for example using route tags.

if under BGP you use network command taking advantage from the fact it works for routes installed in the IP routing table be any means you are in a safer scenario that would allow you to redistribute BGP into EIGRP.

You can on RB use weight or local preference but eBGP routes are already preferred over iBGP routes (including those coming on the iBGP session with RA).

You may want to attach a network diagram and current configuration in order to get better help.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card