Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM7.1, multicast MoH from local SIP gateway

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have multiple sites and works well the "SRST as a multicast MoH resource" via MGCP SRST gateway. remote IP Phone and PSTN call via remote gateway's PRI interface can get the MoH from local SRST router.

I have added one 3845 router in new remote site which has one PRI interface and "SIP trunk" to CUCM. The purpose of the router is to handle the PSTN call but no IP Phones which means no SRST. The requirement is the PSTN caller able to get the MoH from local 3845 router instead of CUCM.

There is two options for multicast MoH,

1) multicast MoH from CUCM and sends to remote gateway via WAN

2) multicast MoH from local SRST gateway.

As per CUCM SRND and IOS requirement, "Multicast MoH" supports from CUCM6.1.3 and IOS 12.4(4)T2 with the command "ccm-manager music-on-hold" in SIP trunk. I want to know what options referred for this.

Can I achieve option 2) in 3845 SIP gateway?

Advise please,

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is now supported with 12.4.24T2 on SIP trunks, simply configure it as if you were configuring it with other protocols, i.e. add the referenced command and the necessary moh commands under call-manager-fallback.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris - I've been trying to implement this buy my PSTN calls will not pickup the Mulitcast source...  is there an enterprise/service parameter or a configuration setting on the SIP Trunk that needs to be changed to enable this..

If I flip my Voice Gateway configuration over to H.323 the Multicast MOH source wors but not over SIP...

Any help is appreciated...

Josh

Most SIP trunk providers do not support MMOH, so that will not work, you will need to use unicast over SIP trunk and even then in my expereince

most of the time it does not work unlesss you apply the following sip profile to CUBE:

voice class sip-profiles 1
request REINVITE sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "inactive" "sendrecv"
request ACK sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "sendonly" "sendrecv"
response 200 sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "sendonly" "sendrecv"

HTH,

Chris

HI Josh,

did you ever get local MoH streaming workiking whilst using SIP with CUCM?  Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: