Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange LAN Switch issue

waqas0612147
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing a very strange problem  currently.....i have two sites A and B .............on Site A i have a LAN switch cisco 2950 connected to  site B's switch  via a radio link(Redliner something) .Now the problem is that when i ping test the both sites via attaching laptops on both sites A & B my ping is fine while when i connect the switches on both sites and then test ping From site A to B then i get some drops ....Can anyone have some clue.???

Regards

Waqas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zubaircco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Waqas,

We have a similar setup for one of our clients, we have a site A - B and then from site B to a mini site we have Cisco 3750 switch connected via a wireless radio link.

We had similar issues whereby we receive lots of packet drops between site B and the mini site over the wireless link.

We logged an incident with our wireless service provider and they came in a few times and aligned the radio's etc eventually until the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps, unless you can explain the connectivity methods in detail.

Thanks.

Zubair

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Waqas,

check speed and duplex that are effective on switch ports. This is the first move

use sh interface typex/y

the same sh int  typex/y can give error counters in number and type if any

Hope to help

Giuseppe

zubaircco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Waqas,

We have a similar setup for one of our clients, we have a site A - B and then from site B to a mini site we have Cisco 3750 switch connected via a wireless radio link.

We had similar issues whereby we receive lots of packet drops between site B and the mini site over the wireless link.

We logged an incident with our wireless service provider and they came in a few times and aligned the radio's etc eventually until the problem was resolved.

Hope this helps, unless you can explain the connectivity methods in detail.

Thanks.

Zubair

@zubair u might be right as same happened to me once before and a little wireless adjustments would have solved the problem..but now the problem is that my wireless providers are saying its clear from there end moreover i am recieving gaints on the wireless uplink port ...below is the port status....any clue

sw1#sh interfaces f0/24 counters errors

Port        Align-Err     FCS-Err    Xmit-Err     Rcv-Err  UnderSize  OutDiscards

Fa0/24              0           0           0           2          0            0

Port      Single-Col  Multi-Col   Late-Col  Excess-Col  Carri-Sen      Runts     Giants

Fa0/24             0          0          0           0          0          0        364

Waqas,

How did you test with the laptop ? Did you mean you terminated the WAP on the lap ?

If it worked then the packets were through the Wireless SP only right ?

Could you increase the ping packet size and see ?

Would like to hear how you solved this though ..

tharak.

Tharak Abraham
Level 3
Level 3

Waqas,

Please hardcode speed and duplex and give a try

HTH,

Tharak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card