Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ringback Issue (using SIP trunk)

rickyhadlocon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

May I ask for your help?  I am having a "No Ringback" issue with my system.  The call flow is PSTN -> Voice Gateway -> CM 5.1 -> SIP Trunk -> SIP Device.

I already have "progress_ind setup enable 3" command in my voip dial-peers but there's still no ringback.

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

Post the config of your router... also, is the 'SIP Device' a SIP endpoint phone?

Thank you.  The SIP trunk in CUCM is connected to Microsoft OCS R2 Mediation Server.  So, The call flow is PSTN -> Voice Gateway (H.323) -> CM 5.1 -> SIP Trunk -> Mediation Server -> Office Communicator Client.

gaudinoluigi
Level 1
Level 1

Try this command on the dial-peer with problem :

progress_ind alert strip 2

Bye

Thank you.  However, "progress_ind alert" command is not available in my dial-peer.  I am using a voip dial-peer pointing to my CUCM servers.

My CUCM server is using version 5.1.3.4109-1 while my 3845 voice gateway is using c3845-ipvoicek9-mz.124-23.bin.

Casey Dockry
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to find a fix for this issue?  We are experiencing the same problem.

Thank you,

Casey

Is your gateway controlled by CM via mgcp?
Post the config and the output of "debug voice ccapi inout" during problematic call.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: