UC540 vrs. 8.0.0 Prompt management

Unanswered Question
Jan 7th, 2010

I''m not one to complain, but really?:(

CCA sees the new recorded prompts I added via phone prompt management, but CCA won't let me add them it just keeps saying error, no prompt defined. I can't apply anything.... looks like there is no way I can try to manage them via CLI either? Another factory reset so I can try this another way...arrrgh, I deleted the default open and closed via the phone so I don't know if that's what broke it, but you would think that if it sees the prompts and I can manage the prompts that I would be able to actually APPLY the prompts! Heck of a time. I suppose I should just step away from 8.0.0, yea? I wanted to investigate that new management software and was having hopes it was going to resolve my other troubles at the time ..I thought the release notes said I could expect all the functions from 7.0.3 to still work without such trouble. Did you know that I can't download 7.0.3 ZIP file from Cisco, at least not from the download uc500 software site. .. anyway, I'm going to have to do it manually unless someone has a fix. Honesty I don't think that it's done with Beta and ..

I don't wanta do this manually!

Steph

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
SHeidemann Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:48

So a good cry can help you think more clearly..(No I didn't really cry..)

I can get the software from Cisco's download center. I see that now, I'm going back. I'm wondering, my config should be restorable? I still don't want to start over, but I also want to avoid another stumble.

Thanks

Stephanie

SHeidemann Mon, 01/11/2010 - 15:05

Not good. I've abandoned the box until my TAC support comes through. That process had me in a tangle of confusion for a couple of weeks too, but that may be vendor specific. Still, I could use a better ordering guide so I could more easily work with them. Good news is I have a good customer, so I have a box ready to demo. I'm just glad it was our box and not theirs at this point. I'm afraid I may have messed things up while trying to install the license that I don't know if it is yet ready.. Doesn't matter now until I can get the OS's back into a more functional state. I know it's new, but I've already lost a sale due to the time spent troubleshooting everything. Still I do feel confident in this product, I just wish I didn't have to stumble into so many things that keep me from being confident that my customers will be happy.

One day one day

Stephanie

m.junghage Wed, 01/13/2010 - 01:30

Hi,

Sounds like it could be a similar problem that I had a couple of months ago. I could record prompts in CCA and everything looked nice and tidy, but when I added the prompts to the AA it did'nt play and when reopening the AA the filenames did'nt exist.

I submitted a TAC ticket and efter 2-3 hours of head scratching from both ends we ended up using the web interface (default 10.1.10.1) to manage the prompts and AA. This worked and a bug report was opened on CCA not being able to upload prompts. Since then I rarely use the CCA to administer prompts and AA.

This was before CCA 8.0 so there's a possibilty that Cisco has fixed it.

Best regards

Actions

This Discussion