cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

While using alpha numeric shared secret key for radious authentication enter user authentication failed

amitmarathe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using shared secrect key as for example cisco123cisco or cisco@123c when i enter such key in radius configuratio  and on acs server user is not able to log in to the switch and shows authentication fail in acs failed report. But when I enter cisco123 then its start working. Current version of acs solution engine is 4.1.23. Please help to resolve this issue. This seems to be abnormal behaviour. If any wirk around or an upgrade is requred pl update. Thanks in adv.

Amit Marathe.

Wipro Infotech.

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Amit:

ACS works with special character in shared sceret key.

Could you please delete the AAA client from the network configuration and re-add it using shared secert key cisco@123 and try again.

Few Facts:

Key—The shared secret of the AAA server. Maximum length for AAA server keys is 32 characters.

For correct operation, the key must be identical on the remote AAA server and ACS. Keys are case sensitive. Because shared secrets are not synchronized, you could easily to make mistakes when entering them on remote AAA servers and ACS. If the shared secret does not match, ACS discards all packets from the remote AAA server.

You may refer ACS doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/NetCfg.html#wp342517

HTH

Regards,

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: