Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Records Ringmaster reporting on unanswered calls

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having an issues with reporting on unanswered calls with the Call logging software.

Example (1) When an incoming call is answered by an extension the CCM creates one CDR record or call portion as an answered call for that incoming call.

Example (2) When an incoming call is not answered by either an extension or voicemail/device, i.e. the caller hangs up before receiving an answer the CCM creates one call portion as an unanswered call.

Example (3) When incoming call is not answered by the extension but is answered by another extension/device, i.e. picked up or call forwarded to voicemail/another extension the CCM creates two call portions recording the first portion as an unanswered call to the dialled extension and the 2nd call portion as an answered call to the extension/device that answered the incoming call, i.e. voicemail.

Here lies the problem with the  Ringmaster stats. When they run reports on how many genuine unanswered calls the business or departments within the business have received, (where the caller has hung up before receiving an answer) the numbers include all the first call portions from example (3). Therefore although all the incoming calls that follow example (3) are answered calls, (not answered by the dialled extension but answered by another extension/voicemail) this example also records an unanswered call for each incoming call. So if for example there were 50 calls to extension 5550 and every call was forwarded to voicemail, the Ringmaster would show 50 unanswered calls to extension 5550. This is clearly not right.

Example. If there is an incoming call to extension 5550 and this call is either forward to or picked up by another extension, i.e. extension 5551 which is in the same designated department within the Ringmaster’s organisation structure this report will not show the first call portion, i.e. the unanswered call portion to extension 5550 but only show the call portion to extension 5551, the answered portion of the call. Therefore in theory when you run this report if there are any answered calls showing on the report these are deemed as genuine unanswered calls. The report depends entirely on extensions, which are involved in the call being in the same department

Is anyway that the CCM could be configured to just produce one call portion per incoming call.

Example. Where A is the calling number, B is extension 5550, and C is the voicemail port 6200

Incoming call to extn 5550 that is not answered by 5550, (Call portion 1 A – B) but is forwarded to and answered by voicemail port 6200, (Call portion 2 A – C)

Is there a way to configure the CCM to discard the 1st call portion A – B and just create a CDR record for the 2nd call portion A – C

Any ideas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way to achieve any of the behaviors you want.

The info logged by CDR cannot be modified or customized.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way to achieve any of the behaviors you want.

The info logged by CDR cannot be modified or customized.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Many thanks for the swift response, I guess this would nave been the case, and you have verified that for me.

Many thanks

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: