Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax 9.4 - notifications

Hi,

we have a RightFax with an 9.4 version and integrated with Microsoft Exchange. We are having a problem with the notifications about sent faxes. Our users receive the sucessful sent fax notification, but when the fax fails they don't receive any failure notification (the parameters for failure notification are configured in the User Edit). Anyone have an idea of why is this occuring?

Thank you.

Best regards!

3 Replies 3

patscheeler
Level 1
Level 1

There are some variables that need to found out first.
What Hotfix or Feature Pack level are you at for RightFax 9.4?  (Fully patched is 9.4 FP1 currently)
Which Gateway are you using for Exchange? the SMTP or Exchange Connector?
If the Exchange Connector - is it with Exchange 2003 or 2007?

Only thing I can think of with out knowing the info above would be to run Debugs on the Fax Server (RightFax) Server Module and Gateway Module.
With the debug of the server module - you'll be able to see if the notificaiton itself was being queued for the gateway to deliver.
With the debug of the gateway module - you'll be able to see if the gateway is trying to deliver the message to exchange.

Either way - look at making sure your Fax Server is up to date, and same if you're using the Exchange Connector - there have been updates to all the services mentioned above...

Hi Patrick,

thank you for your reply. When the client described me the issue I tought that only could be a bug. After post my question I had the oportunity of check their configuration and the "Allow notification" checkbox was disable... Problem solved..

Best regards,

Good to hear.
I didn't want to say "Are you sure...", but I had a hunch that was what it was

Feel free to message me for any other issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: