cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Steps to migrate 2821 MGCP gateway from t1 CAS to ISDN PRI?

lindaklime
Level 1
Level 1

I attempted to migrate my 2821 MGCP gateway to a new PRI from its current T1 CAS and the lines seized.  I was wondering if I followed an improper sequence of actions.  I created a new gateway in Callmanager 4.1.3 for the PRI.  I unregistered the current gateway then registered the new gateway.  I then moved the t1 cable to the new circuit demark.  My next action was to recode the controller t1 on the 2821.  I was able to change the framing and linecode but not the timeslot and service.  When I did a 'sho voice port sum", it still read as e&m with the lines seized.  Rebooting the 2821 did not help.  In order to get back to working order I had to register the origianl gatewayof course but also had to rebuild MGCP.  What steps did I miss or perform out of order?  I need to get this circuit going.  The client is desperate for caller ID.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

conf t

voice-port x/y

shutdown

controller t1 x/x

no cas-group ...

pri-group ...

Since you're switching, recommend you also switch to H.323 because that will give you the ability of supporting many things that are likely to be requested, eg calling number routing, and more.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will give it a shot at the next scheduled test.