Views
Helpful
Replies

Netpro very slow

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

The site is very slow these days.  The main page (Cisco Support Community) loads fine, but it takes about 30 seconds to load a sub-forum.

Same thing when leaving a sup-forum to go up to Cisco Support Community page.

Also has any one else noticed this?

Thanks,

Reza

44 Replies 44

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Reza,

Yes, I've noticed delay lately as well. Maybe not 30 seconds, but I think I can slowly count up to 10 sometimes. Other times it is so slow I get the feeling I have missed to click on a link although I have. If this happens to you as well and you subsequently click again on a link, you will observe higher delays.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Reza,

Agreed, the site is by no means performing at an acceptable level.  We are in the process of testing some code changes that will hopefully increase performance.  We anticipate launching the first code change by the end of the month.  Because the performance issues are code related it will probably take a few passes at this to get to optimal performance.  I can assure you this is priority #1 for us and we will get it resolved.

I apologize to all for this inconvenience.

Cheers,

Dan 

Cheers, Dan

Hey Dan,

I think we all understand that these type of massive changes come with

some "growing pains". The fact that the NetPro team @ Cisco is working to

alleviate these problems is good enough for me I know that everything will

be working well in short order.

The one "nice" thing about the "slowness" issue is that it teaches us all to

be patient, and, after all "patience is a virtue".

Cheers!

Huff

Hi Rob,

Well, I think the new site is very intelligent/wise sometimes. The issues of the rating system for example have put our volunteer feelings to the test, and that was a lot of fun for me! I never thought that the NetPro team couldn't fix it.

As for the slowness or navigation issues: well, it kind of proves (to me at least) the truth of the saying that, if people are really interested in the content of your website, speed and organization matter less!

I am sure the team will fix the issues. It's obvious to me that they having been working hard. When we report some issues, it is just some feedback and nothing else.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hey Maria,

I know that this type of feedback is welcomed by Dan/Tim and the Netpro Team. So

keep it coming my friend

I forgot to mention that this "slowness" reminds me of my many days spent

on NetPro via "dial-up". For many years, where I live out in the country had no High Speed

Internet. It's like some sort of weird reminiscing I guess

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

In my very first feedback about the new site I was interested in the following things: navigation, outline view, site colors, performance, and 'where are my posts?'. I guess the colors are fine now! As for the performance: I spent an entire Saturday afternoon to upgrade my ubuntu to get better performance for this particular site only. You might say I have a thing with performance! This doesn't mean the NetPro team must not take a Christmas holiday!

As for the dial-up: Well, you are right that we are used so much to high-speed Internet access that anything more than immediately seems like ages. The perception of time always depends on many factors. I guess we like the new site so much, we can't wait for the interesting content to appear on our screens!

As for the feedback: Well, many companies try to analyse the feelings of the users to see what they like and don't like using specialized tools. I guess no fancy algorithms are required for our feelings. We have first hand knowledge to analyse them and post them ourselves at the place of the site where people are listening!

Kind Regards,

Maria

Gang,

This type of feedback is definitely welcome.  Just want to confirm Dan's comments.  We are aware of the slowness and steps are underway to address it.  Unfortunately, these steps will take a little time.  Dial up?  Really?  I think it's still better than dial up.  Seriously, though, look for changes to come in this and in some of the other areas you have all commented about.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Nice to see you back my friend!

My "Dial Up" comment was only meant in fun

It's my "it's all relative" analogy.

Cheers!

Rob

Yup.  I've noticed it getting slower.  At least it ain't as slow as two-tin-cans-and-a-string.

Here comes another member of the gang with a good joke! I wonder where Jon is. I guess he is waiting for the navigation feature!

I wonder where Jon is.     

It's beer-o-clock Canada time. 

He is in Canada? Thought he was in England. Anyway, maybe it's beer-o-clock there as well!

Whoopsie!  It doesn't matter.  Like Canada or the UK, Australians are unable to export beer because the breweries just can't make enough of it.  Currently it's 38C outside and it's unfortunate that I can't do my NetPro at the pub. 

Hi Leo,

Let the jokes begin. Don't make me block some of you from posting to this thread  

On a serious note, we really are working on this.  Has the site gotten even slower as of late for you?  If so, when did it start?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links