cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will Cisco Unity inbox show the calling name from non-subscribers

jcompiano
Level 1
Level 1

Unity CX 7.1.3 -- I need to know if the calling name is present will CUCM pass this to Unity CX and show the name in the messages "from" field on the Cisco Unity Inbox (personal communications assistant) I currently have a PIMG integration and there is no name field in the SMDI traces.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if caller ID name was passed by the provider to CUCM and the message subject in Unity is configured to include it, the name will appear.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

With a PIMG integration, your PBX is not Cisco CUCM, but some other vendor system like Avaya.  What PBX are you using for the PIMG integration and you will need to determine if it is capable of sending callerid info.

Ginger

I already understand The NEC will not send the calling name, will the Unity CX PCA when we integrate with CUCM show the calling name in any of the fields.

thanks,

Hi -

Sorry, I misunderstood your original posting.  Here is a link to Unity Connection for customizing the subject line of voice messages - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagpdf.pdf

The subject line is viewable using the Cisco Unity Inbox.  Note however, this is not ciscopca, which is used to configure user voicemail settings.  As you can see from the link, "When the %NAME% parameter is used in the subject line format of an outside caller message, it is automatically replaced with the ANI Caller Name of the sender of the message. If the ANI Caller Name is not available, Cisco Unity Connection inserts the value specified in the %NAME% (When Unknown) field."  If the message comes from a non-subscriber, you may see "Voice Message from Unknown Caller" or Unidentified Caller in the subject.  I recommend also using field %CALLERID%, which I believe is used by default, because at least the voicemail user will get the caller's phone number.

Ginger

Yes, if caller ID name was passed by the provider to CUCM and the message subject in Unity is configured to include it, the name will appear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: