cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change someone's name?

cdevidal1
Level 1
Level 1

We're using CCA 2.1(1) and software pack 7.1.3. I spelled someone's name wrong when creating it, and they've already gone on to create voicemail, passwords, call prompts, etc. It shows up wrong in the directory, on the label, in CUE web admin, etc.

Unfortunately, CCA just gives me blank stares when I change the name and click "OK" or "Apply." A brief hourglass and the screen doesn't go away. The change isn't applied, and there are no errors.

Changing a username in CUE web admin doesn't appear to be possible without destroying the user (and her voicemail).

Is it possible to change this user's name without destroying their account?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is a known bug with CCA, one that will be fixed. First name last names do not change in CUE when using CCA.

A nice alternative to manipulate and change this is to use Office Manager. You will be able to modify this information.

http://www.cisco.com/go/officemanager

Notice that OM is certified with 8.0.0, but using 7.1 should not be a problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Marcos

View solution in original post

Hi cdevidal1

Log into the inbuilt web GUI of your appliance, if your install was a default one it would be http://10.1.10.1 and use your credentials that you would use in CCA or command line.

In the Web GUI and changes you  make will be replicated in the CUE, however by changing a persons name to an entirely new name the CUE portion (VM) may not incorporate the new changes, so in some circumstances you need to create a fresh user, delete the old one and then assign the extension to the new user and complete the setup process, the web GUI much like CCA does this all in the back ground.

To reiterate my comment, changing a users details is easy enough, changing that user to an entirely different person requires a new VM box to be setup and the old one removed, the system (CUE in particular) does not port the old VM box to the new one (Not that i have been able to work out anyway).

I hope this helpd, even though it might not be the answer you were looking for.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I understood the question you asked and like I said, Office Manager can be used to change the First name and Last name of a user, without CLI interaction.

Thanks,

Marcos

6 Replies 6

This is a known bug with CCA, one that will be fixed. First name last names do not change in CUE when using CCA.

A nice alternative to manipulate and change this is to use Office Manager. You will be able to modify this information.

http://www.cisco.com/go/officemanager

Notice that OM is certified with 8.0.0, but using 7.1 should not be a problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Marcos

I'm sorry but it seems you may not be answering the question I asked... basically, I know that you could change someone's name in CCA but that's broken for us. If it's possible to do on the commandline -- without destroying that person's voicemailbox in the process -- I would like to know.

Is it possible? Surely this happens all the time... people get married, divorced, etc.

Hi cdevidal1

Log into the inbuilt web GUI of your appliance, if your install was a default one it would be http://10.1.10.1 and use your credentials that you would use in CCA or command line.

In the Web GUI and changes you  make will be replicated in the CUE, however by changing a persons name to an entirely new name the CUE portion (VM) may not incorporate the new changes, so in some circumstances you need to create a fresh user, delete the old one and then assign the extension to the new user and complete the setup process, the web GUI much like CCA does this all in the back ground.

To reiterate my comment, changing a users details is easy enough, changing that user to an entirely different person requires a new VM box to be setup and the old one removed, the system (CUE in particular) does not port the old VM box to the new one (Not that i have been able to work out anyway).

I hope this helpd, even though it might not be the answer you were looking for.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I understood the question you asked and like I said, Office Manager can be used to change the First name and Last name of a user, without CLI interaction.

Thanks,

Marcos

OK thanks, I must have simply misread your answer. Glad I asked though, for clarification.

Points awarded :-)

David,

Kinda figured that is the case. Thanks, points awarded.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: