cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME config archive failure

baotran09
Level 1
Level 1

Im unable to retrive config files from a bunch of cisco 857 routers, I get this error message below:

7.   x.x.x.x   PRIMARY   STARTUP   Dec 23 2009 12:14:52    Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: connect timed out.
8.  x.x.x.x  PRIMARY  RUNNING  Dec 21 2009 01:03:16  SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: Read timed out. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: connect timed out.
9.  x.x.x.x  PRIMARY  RUNNING  Jan 08 2010 17:50:04  Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to x.x.x.x - Cause: connect timed out. Failed to fetch config using TFTP Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. Failed to fetch config using SCP.Connection timed out: connect Verify SCP is enabled or not.

As you can see Telnet and ssh ain't working.

SNMP R and W credentials verfification are OK ( I can see the device using viscoview)

SSH username and password are OK

Ive modified the timeout value in cmdsvc.properties file but cant get rid of the problem.

What else can I try?

Cisco help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As I said in this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/1003085

You need to open a TAC service request so more debugging can be performed.  You are seeing some kind of timeout issue, but there are no known timeout problems in RME 4.3.  If you want to manually verify that everything is working right, test the following:

* SSH to the device from the RME server, and login using the same credentials that are in DCR.

* Become enabled using the enable password configured in DCR.  If you are enabled by default when logging in, you can skip this step.

* Run the "show privilege" command, and verify the output says you are at level 15.

* Run the command "term length 0" and verify it succeeds.

* Run the command "show running" and verify you can see the whole config without the parser stopping at a "More" prompt.

* Run the command "show startup" and verify the same as above.

Performing each one of these steps exactly as I have said in the exact order is critical.  If they all work, then open a TAC service request.  If not, fix the problem causing the step in question to fail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: