cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SLM2008 - How to recover the password?

Blitz01atcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have changed the admin - password and after reboot the system I cannot log in due to wrong user or password. Probably I have mistyped my password when entering in the system settings dialogue. The password is too long to simply find out the right one by trial and error. What can I do? Is there a way to reset the password?

5 Replies 5

chrcoope
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is a reset button on the side of the unit. If you are looking at the face of the unit, it will be on the right hand side. Essentially, the same side as you plug in the power. The recess is rectangular and has an impression of the word reset labeled below it. While powered on, hold this button in for 30 seconds, or until you see all the lights flash. Once it comes back up, the default login and password of admin admin should once again work.

Regards,

Christopher

But after that procedure all settings are lost, right?

Yes, everything is reset and the factory default config is applied. HTH,

Andrew Lissitz

Can press the reset button even for a minute ad the device won't reset. Any advice?

Hello Remon:

unfortunately other than the reset process, there's not much more to you can do. And, since this product is End-Of-Life, we cannot provide any further support than asking you to follow the standard reset procedures.

Thanks

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X