Is using actualtests.com an unethical source for studying?

Unanswered Question
Jan 9th, 2010

Someone forwarded me an actualtests.com CCENT exam that they sell.  I'm using the info. to determine areas I need to focus on, etc.  My goal is to truly understand and continuously apply Cisco technology as a CCNA and beyond.  What I want to know is this considered a "cheat" by Cisco?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
marikakis Sat, 01/09/2010 - 15:08

TestKing, Pass4sure, CertifyMe, ActualTest, etc fall under the category of Braindumps, and are not acceptable in this community. If you search around this site and others you will find a lot of flame surrounding this issue. I do not know what cisco will do to someone who uses those. Anyway, the problem is this: Some people (including me) can remember answers to multiple choice tests, even if they saw them once and have no clue about what the questions say. By using such tests, you will never know if you passed a test because you truly understood the material or you just memorized the answers. That is 'never', until someone throws at you a question you haven't seen before or need the knowledge for your job.

aside from the fact that cheating is always illegal and the braindumps take secret exam materials and sell them, you should think about your goal

memorizing multiple choice answers might get you the certificate but you'll get no knowledge and when you'll look for a job it will be easy to notice that you have no real content to backup your certificate

so get a book, few routers and switches and start cracking the exam topics one by one. it is fun and will get you to your desired goal

good luck

Rofi Neron @ ITDualism.wordpress.com

Actions

This Discussion