NetQtime vs Delaytime (IPCC 7.0)

Answered Question
Jan 9th, 2010

Hi All,

After i have researched both fields in ipcc report database( using document Schemadoc_722),  i've found the following defintions:

DelayTime: The time in seconds that the call is active on the switch but not queued to a skill group or trunk resource.

NetQTime: the time in seconds the call spends in the router queue. Or in other terms it measures the time the call spends queued in the network VRU.

i can deduce from the above definitions that the delay time and netqtime overlap, however when calculating the call duration in Table TCD, both values are added

can someone please explain the confusion?

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Edward Umansky about 6 years 10 months ago

Actually according to the that definition the numbers shouldn't overlap. DelayTime is when the call is at the IVR but is not queued to any skill group, for example if you're playing an announcement or main menu before queuing the call. NetQTime applies only when the call is at the IVR and also queued to one or more skill groups. So DelayTime only ticks when the call is not queued, NetQTime only ticks when the call is queued, no overlap. Hope that clears it up.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
cpi Tue, 01/19/2010 - 09:02

Hi there Fabien,

I've spent many hour trying to figure out some of the metrics like this as well. What I found to be a good resource besides the Schema Doc is the Schema Help in "ICM Admin WorkStation" Program group on the AW.

Here is the definition it gives about Delay time.

The time in seconds that the call is active on the switch but not queued to a skill group or trunk resource. For example, if a call arrives at an ACD and an announcement is played before the call is queued, from the time the call arrives at the ACD to the time the call gets queued is the DelayTime. DelayTime includes all time the call spent on announcements. For ACDs that can de-queue calls, a call can go back into the delay state and DelayTime can begin accumulating again.

DelayTime is used to calculate Duration in the Termination_Call_Detail record. It is also used to calculate the following fields in the Service and Route half-hour tables:

• - DelayQAbandTimeToHalf

• - LongestCallAbandTimeToHalf

• - AnswerWaitTimeToHalf

The definition for NetQTime is a little more vague

Represents the time the call spent on Network Queue in the CallRouter. The LocalQTime field is used for local ACD queuing.

I've tried testing calls to try and get a call to receive a delay, but I haven't been successful. I know when we had issues with high CPU utilization on our CRS calls would take a few seconds to be answered by our IVR, which would create a small delay time.

Unfortunately I don't have a definite answer for you but hopefully the information I found and my experience will help you out a bit

Correct Answer
Edward Umansky Tue, 01/19/2010 - 15:05

Actually according to the that definition the numbers shouldn't overlap. DelayTime is when the call is at the IVR but is not queued to any skill group, for example if you're playing an announcement or main menu before queuing the call. NetQTime applies only when the call is at the IVR and also queued to one or more skill groups. So DelayTime only ticks when the call is not queued, NetQTime only ticks when the call is queued, no overlap. Hope that clears it up.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content