cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WVC210 Wireless-G PTZ Security Camera (is this the forum?)

billkunzct
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get a WVC210 Wireless-G PTZ onto their wireless ?  I have no issues with Static or DHCP over Ethernet but have had zero luck with the wireless side (which is really the feature that I want)

The hardwire and wireless are bridged and I have a reservation that work great over the wire just nothing on the wireless side (although many laptops are using it without issue.

any help would be appreciated

2 Replies 2

markshel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just installed a WVC210 @ my house and ran into the same issue. A quick read of the user manual and I found the solution to my (and hopefully your) problem:

1) While the camera is connected to your wired LAN verify your wireless settings are correct under the administration webpage (IP of camera).

2) Unplug the ethernet cable.

3) Unplug the power cable.

4) Plug in the power cable.

5) Start using the camera via wifi

The camera determines which connection (wired/wireless) it will use as soon as power is applied and if the ethernet cable has connectivity at the time of power up then the wired connection will be used. If the ethernet cable is connected when the camera 1st powers up then it will disregard the wireless settings and use the wired connection. Even if you unplug the ethernet cable the camera will continue using the wired settings until the power cable is disconnected.

Hope this helps!

Mark

joseg1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am not sure if I'm in the correct support area but I'm looking for guidance on a problem I have with a WVC210 PTZ Internet camera (version 1.1.0)

I am trying to install at home using a Linksys Wireless N router.  I followed the installation instructions but I can only view the camera while it's connected with the ethernet cable.  I can view the camera remotely with my laptop within the wireless network.

Problems I'm having:

1.) I can't access the camera if I try to put it in wireless mode. (note: followed instructions to convert to wireless).  The green light does not stay on consistently.  It goes off and on.

2.) I can't access the camera outside the wireless network while connected to the router.

I am looking for guidance on what additional setup needs to be done on the router and/or camera.  Maybe I missed something or have an incorrect setting.

I know this may not be enough info for a response but let me know what additional info is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card