IPCC 4.05 Re-install

Answered Question
Jan 10th, 2010

Hello

I'm trying to install Cisco IPCC 4.05 in my test environment, unfortunately the first time around I selected the wrong profile.  I cancelled the installation and re-started it.  Now every time I open the installer it has all the information I had previously inputted including the incorrect profile and I can’t change the information.

Does anyone know how to clear this information and start fresh?  I really don’t want to reload the OS again (super slow in my VM environment)

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 7 years 6 days ago

Hi

The 4.x installs of IPCC were very unfriendly in some ways - you aren't able to remove it fully to allow a reinstall.

I think in your situation you may be able to do something by cleaning out any likely entries in the registry (i.e. anything in HKLM/Software/Cisco* that doesn't just relate to the OS build), any temporary files or files in c:\program files\cisco or program files\wfavvid (again, that aren't related to the OS install rather than CRS), and anything in the local administrator's temp files and the system temp directories.. however what you need to do won't be documented anywhere - you may well have to reinstall the OS... but no harm in trying.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's normally a good idea to take a snapshot or back up the whole VM when you reach a milestone like completing the OS installation...

Regards

Aaron

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Thu, 01/14/2010 - 00:52

Hi

The 4.x installs of IPCC were very unfriendly in some ways - you aren't able to remove it fully to allow a reinstall.

I think in your situation you may be able to do something by cleaning out any likely entries in the registry (i.e. anything in HKLM/Software/Cisco* that doesn't just relate to the OS build), any temporary files or files in c:\program files\cisco or program files\wfavvid (again, that aren't related to the OS install rather than CRS), and anything in the local administrator's temp files and the system temp directories.. however what you need to do won't be documented anywhere - you may well have to reinstall the OS... but no harm in trying.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's normally a good idea to take a snapshot or back up the whole VM when you reach a milestone like completing the OS installation...

Regards

Aaron

afischer1 Wed, 01/27/2010 - 15:15

Thanks for the tips.  I had been taking snapshots of all my other VM's but for some reason I forgot to take a snapshot of this one.

Cheers

Actions

This Discussion