Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot access sever from inside of ASA

sheahienmk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My Private address is NAtted on firewall. there is asterisk server Public address that i usally open from outside the office. but when i try to open it from inside network it doest work. even after my ip address is natted. but I am able to open another asterisk IP on public from inside network that is natted on diffrent firewall . in both case WWW port is allowed and having same configuration .

Please help.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Post your config and topology.

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

sheah,

Can you post your ASA config.

Francisco

SOL10
Level 1
Level 1

hi

have you checked your ACL's? also, what port are you trying to access on the asterisk server?

I have asterisk setup (albeit they have public IP' and not private - so they have a static 1to1 Nat) behind an ASA5510 and it works ok.

it would be good if you could post your config

thanks

vilaxmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

So you want to access the Asterisk server using its Public IP from your inside network.

Does the server respond to at least its internal IP ?

Is there multiple subnets behind your ASA/PIX ?Which subnets are the server and inside users present and what device is their default gateway?

You might need to do hairpinning for the server on inside ifc of ASA along with same-security command as follows , should ASA be the d/g of devices in question:

same-security-traffic intra interface

static (inside,inside) netmask 255.255.255.255

HTH

Vijaya

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card