Routing question on ASA 5510

Answered Question

Good Morning,

Is there a way on the Cisco 5510 Security Appliance to enter some routing that would route a specific Private IP to a Specific Public IP.

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?  I need everything sent on 10.1.0.23 to go to 159.xxx.xxx.20.

I need to do this for about 15 addresses and I have learned that I cannot just redirect the entire 10.1.0.0 subnet to a specific IP.

Any help sure is appreciated.

Thanks

--Joe

Correct Answer by Jon Marshall about 7 years 3 months ago

[email protected]

Good Morning,

Is there a way on the Cisco 5510 Security Appliance to enter some routing that would route a specific Private IP to a Specific Public IP.

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?

I need to do this for about 15 addresses and I have learned that I cannot just redirect the entire 10.1.0.0 subnet to a specific IP.

Thanks

--Joe

Joe

Sorry but no you can't do this for the same reasons i explained before. If you have to do this then you need a router and not an ASA.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but your device just can't do that.

Jon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jon Marshall Mon, 01/11/2010 - 06:17
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

[email protected]

Good Morning,

Specifically...

Route 10.1.0.23 to 159.xxx.xxx.20 ?

Thanks

--Joe

Joe

Sorry but no you can't do this for the same reasons i explained before. If you have to do this then you need a router and not an ASA.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but your device just can't do that.

Jon

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content