Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting caller ID to work on POTS lines

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am looking for a little bit of help converting an FXO port from MGCP to H323 to enable caller ID on the FXO port. I was able to get the call to still ring the phone, but caller ID isnot appearing. It looks like it goes back to Call Manager to get the routing information for the phone, this is the part I am trying to bypass. I want the call to come in the FXO port and go directly to the phone without involving Call Manager. I believe I am missing something when I try to configure this, if there is a way to do this at all. I am ultimately trying to get caller ID to work on FXO ports from the PSTN.

Thanks

Bernece

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I want the call to come in the FXO port and go directly to the phone without involving Call Manager.

It is not possible to do so.

I am ultimately trying to get caller ID to work on FXO ports from the PSTN.

Check first that CLID is correctly received with a regular phone on the line. If it is, come back here with exact IOS version, port configuration, and output of"debug vpm signal" taken with "term mon".

I am not at the location, but can tell you that the CLID was there on the old Nortel system. I will have someone double check it before sending the configs, it will take me some time to get someone up there. I do have one question in the meantime, so if the call has to go back to Call Manager, does the number have to be a dialble one? We are currently using 8865 at all of our locations to signify the night line which means it is is different partitions for each bank. I have tested this with a dialable number and it works, but can't find a way to do h323 with a non-dialable number, if that makes sense.

With FXO and H.323 or SIP, the router always sends the same called number to the CM.

Then, what to do with it, and when, only depends by the CM configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: