cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Delete softkey for Personal Address Book entries CUCM 6.1

csg
Level 1
Level 1

Have noticed that entries in the Personal Address Book (PAB) cannot be deleted as there is no "Delete" softkey despite it being mentioned in the End User Guides

I have this problem on 7940, 7942, 7960 and IP Communicator so it appears to be a global problem.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue and if there is a workaround ?

3 Replies 3

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a customer complain of this before, and it turned out that the delete key is just difficult to find.

Try the following.

The procedure to delete an entry is as follows:-
Directories -->Personal Directory --> Personal Address Book --> Submit --> highlight entry to be deleted --> Select -->Edit --> More --> Delete --> OK

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks but when I access the PAB via the method you prescribed "Directories -->Personal Directory --> Personal Address Book --> Submit --> highlight entry to be deleted --> Select -->Edit" all I see is the following softkeys :-

"Update" "<<" "Phones" "Cancel" there is no "More" softkey and no "Delete" softkey

If I try to use the "<<" softkey to delete entries in each line then press "Update" I get an PD Error Message of "The nickname cannot be blank"

If I select "Phones" I see the following softkey set :-

"Update" "<<" "Names" "Cancel" again there is no "More" softkey and no "Delete" softkey

I can use the "<<" to delete the numbers and "Update" works ok but I still have the entry at the "Names" level.

Actually I think I am running in to this bug

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso87326&from=summary

We know we need to upgrade the CUCM version so hopefully this will resolve the problem then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: