Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO AIR-PI21AG-W-K9 wireless adapter on Windows 7

roeljamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I used to have Windows XP pro installed with this wireless adapter (AIR-PI21AG-W-K9). It worked like a charm untill I upgraded to Windows 7. I can't get to let the device work. When I tried to use compatibility with windows vista SP1 driver it would freeze up the computer.

Is there something I can do to let the device work. It would be a shame to go buy another wireless adapter wich I know will drop off connections constantly. Will Cisco work on a driver for windows 7, when will it be available ?

Any recommendations and replies is surely appreciated.

6 Replies 6

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Roeljamil,

The Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products.

Your question below relates to a Cisco Classic Product which our community would not be able to help you with.

The best area for you to post your question would be at the Cisco NetPro forums: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/others

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Small Business Community Manager

Customer Advocacy

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

jimmycrackhead
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched high and low for working drivers for this card for Windows 7 32 bit. The closest I have found were the Vista drivers available for download on the Cisco site.

I installed the drivers and they didn't work right away, I had to uninstall and scan for hardware changes until the card was detected. After that it was fully functional (Internet/Network Access, etc.), of course until I restarted the system.

The problem I am running into right now is that, when Windows 7 is loading it freezes at the windows loading screen (The one with the Windows logo), and the classpnp.sys in safe mode with networking.

I have found a trick that works temporarily. Disable the card in the device manager every time you shut down, and enable it after the computer is restarted. This is a pain but at least works for the time being.

Does anyone know why this driver would be causing the freeze? Please don't tell me it's incompatible because I know it is compatible, I have it working right now. Something in Windows 7 is throwing an error when this driver or the cisco settings are loaded. Also, the problem has nothing to do with the driver not being "Digitally Signed" I have heard this over and over and that is not the problem.

I am searching for a windows/cisco guru that can explain why this driver would be fully functional after the system has booted but will fail on boot-up.

"One more note" I had an idea to have a batch file disable the card everytime the computer is shut down, and restarted everytime the computer is booted. But what happens if there is a power failure, the card will still be enabled thus leading to the same freeze.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

James

Hi James -- Appreciate you visiting the Cisco Small Business Support Community. This community is limited to discussions regarding Small Business branded products. Please try posting your question here:https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/others.

Thanks again for your post.

Stephanie Reaves
Cisco Small Business

This thread has been moved over to https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/others

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

I have the same issue.. please, any help? I can't get the card to work in neither Windows 7 nor Vista. It just hangs the PC.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So far as I remember there are no drivers for windows 7 for that card.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: