cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting in CallManager 6.1.2

dnmosier7
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a built in report to view the "state" of a device (on, off, etc.)?  Or if there is a way, going forward, to monitor particular devices?  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No report on phones on/off, but if you search the devices you'll see them registered/unregistered.

That's as close as you can get with CUCM.

You would need to elaborate on "monitor particular devices".

AC can monitor the line status, you can also use BLF/SD to monitor lines.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As far as monitoring ... I wasn't sure if there was a way to be notified if a particular phone is shut off??  I have wireless phone users who "disappear" and become unreachable.

Not natively in CUCM.  You would need to look into either a 3rd party network management product or developing a solution in-house.   Since you are looking for a trigger event equal to a specific phone station (or set of stations) then you would be looking at a management solution which could consume, parse, and create an alertable event based on either a SNMP trap or a syslog message from the CUCM cluster.

Each time a device unregisters, an event is recorded in the local Application syslog and sent to a remote syslog or SNMP trap receivers assuming you have configured CUCM to do so.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

n.warburton
Level 1
Level 1

I guess there are a number of reporting tools that might give you what you are looking for. I use 1 from

DominoComms (www.dominocomms.com) that gives some really cool reports, pretty sure it gives active / non-active too which is what you are looking for. I think its limited deployment but there is a request button to get a copy. Give it a go to see if it helps.