cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Callmanager Subscriber

rbill1967
Level 1
Level 1

In a month or two I am planning to move the Subscriber to another location.  What specifically will have to changed on this system in order to move it over without issues?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends, if it's going to be over WAN read the SRND deployment options chapter for specs on BW required.

If to another building but same LAN and if you're just going to move the server, unplug and plug without changing any config on server. That's it

If you're going to change IPs/hostname then modify the CUCM group config and related items (urls, services if configured, etc)

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It is within the same network, but it is changing IP's.  Will it involve changing some information on the main publisher?

Can you send me the specific link on instructions?

Hi,

Follow this links:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml#top1

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

-- Adrián.

Sorry I did not respond sooner, version 5 (linux) box for Callmanager.  So using the windows version option is not an op

tion.  If I move the subscriber, I am sure I will have to change the IP.  I just want to be sure I have specific instructions on changing it correctly.

id recommend simply re-installing it.  Changing IPs sometimes does not go as planned and you spend more time trying to get the dbreplication fixed. (waiting, waiting, and waiting)  Where as a re-install of the subscriber is going to work within 2 hours.

Hi,

Yes, there will be a lot of trouble fixing DB replication if the procedure is not performed correctly. From my experience, changing the ip address following carefully the instructions of the documentation will not cause issues.

-- Adrián.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: