Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIS Archiver Purpose?

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

All,

I got the CUIS Archiver running, but after viewing the tables, it doesn't seem it sync's the HDS data at all, its more information about configuration then say the Termination_Call_Detail table and such.  What is the point of this?  My understanding was that it house all the data from the ICM AW/HDS.  Am I wrong?

Chad

2 Replies 2

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Chad,

Out of the box, the archiver will not have anything other than some call type data migrated from the HDS.  The majority of the built in CUIS reports will use the HDS as the data source.  Cisco has several CUIS connectors, offered for sale by AS, that will pull data from the CVP reporting server and UCM.  You can also build your own connectors to poulate data in the archiver.  If you are just planning on using the CUIS built in reports, there isn't much need for the archiver.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

chadstachowicz wrote:

All,

I got the CUIS Archiver running, but after viewing the tables, it doesn't seem it sync's the HDS data at all, its more information about configuration then say the Termination_Call_Detail table and such.  What is the point of this?  My understanding was that it house all the data from the ICM AW/HDS.  Am I wrong?

Chad

Partly wrong. It certainly does not archive the TCDs, RCDs, config data etc. It's easy to look through the archiver scripts (jobs) to see what tables it brings over.

I totally disagree with the other poster. The Archiver has it's place in a large contact center. When built correctly it has a huge repository for optimized reporting data that will far exceed an HDS. It also provides improved efficiency as the historical reporting is now run against the Archiver, and not one of your HDS. It allows daily, monthly and yearly reports.

You may not really need the Archiver - but we do.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: