cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 7.1 - 7975 IP Phone with SIP

rehan_uet
Level 1
Level 1

How can i `make a Cisco standard 7975 phone to work as a SIP phone with CCM 7.1. 

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do you want to use SIP on the phone ? You loose features, and gain bugs, compared to SCCP.

josh.l.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

In theory, If you have current SCCP connectivity to your CCM, it may be as simple as creating the phone as a SIP device (with the appropriate MAC address), then booting the phone. The phone should pull the SIP firmware from the internal TFTP server of the CCM. I'm not totally certain on that as I've never tried it myself.

If that doesn't work, you can try something similar to what this article shows to try to manually upgrade the firmware.

If you really want to do this it's as simple as register the phone with SCCP and then use BAT, there is a SCCP->SIP option, just follow the wizard

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I believe If I add a phone as a SIP device it will work as SIP terminal, how can i verify that the CCM tftp has the SIP firmware for that particular model of phone, if it is not there how can i place it on the CCM tftp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: