cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall suggestions needed

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We are setting up a project to consolidate 7 locations to a colocation site.

We need a firewall at each of the 7 remote sites for around 10-20 at each site.

Then we need one at the colocation for approx. 70 users...we were thinking of the ASA 5510.

In the future we'd like to deploy UC500's at each site, so we wanted to be sure the UC520, 540, or the 560 were compatible with whatever firewalls we choose becasue we'd probably just leave those and then disable the data firewall on the UC. I suppose I should also ask if the firewalls are SIP compatible just in case.

What firewalls should we deploy?  Hopefulyl I can get some answers today as we're bidding on it today.

Thank you,

Stacy

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stacy,

I know this might come across a little simplistic, as that is actually my intentions.

i dont see any need to make this difficult for you, so i was wondering why you couldnt just deploy Cisco 877 routers there and use the basic firewall in them? Once the UC's arrive then have the UC500 or the 877 carry out the firewall work for you.

If you need to have a fill blown firewall then the ASA series are really good and have not seen a problem with the UC's sitting behind them (So long as the ASA is configured correctly), there shouldnt be any problem with SIP either.

If you are not after an Advanced firewall i would strongly suggest the 877 series router at the remote site and the ASA for the colo.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

We have decided to go with SA520 at the remote sites and one SA540 at the colo facility.

Thank you !

Stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: