cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RVS4000 Login

tellerman50
Level 1
Level 1

I just picked up a RVS4000 that we may use at our business at various locations.  My question is in regards to the Login.  Has anyone figured out why it allows you to create multiple login ID's, yet no where are there different privilages assigned to each ID?  My main problem I am running into is when I connect to the web interface locally (i.e. http://192.168.1.1) it does not ask me for a username and password, but automatically logs me in as the user admin.  If I log in from the outside using the Remote Login, HTTPS, it prompts me for the login and password just fine.  When I'm done, I just close the browser, as there is no Logout link.

I'm using IE8 and have deleted all temporary I-net files & Cookies.  I close out my browser, open a new one up, type in the IP and it automatically logs me in.  I've even rebooted the router multiple times.   Somehow it's remembering my session and lot logging me out.  I've waited several minutes to try again, hoping it'd timeout, but it never does.

This is not acceptable in our enviroment as end users shouild not have access to the router without having to enter a username and password.  I've never seen this before, so thought I'd enquire.

It has the lates firmware as well:  1.3.0.5

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

olddogeyes
Level 1
Level 1

tellerman50 wrote:

When I'm done, I just close the browser, as there is no Logout link.

I'm using IE8 and have deleted all temporary I-net files & Cookies.  I close out my browser, open a new one up, type in the IP and it automatically logs me in.  I've even rebooted the router multiple times.   Somehow it's remembering my session and lot logging me out.  I've waited several minutes to try again, hoping it'd timeout, but it never does.

This is not acceptable in our enviroment as end users shouild not have access to the router without having to enter a username and password.  I've never seen this before, so thought I'd enquire.

I agree with you 100% ... not being able to logout is stupid and dangerous... wonder why no one ever replied...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: