cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to remove / uninstall Cisco Security Agent 5.0.0.183

baaeka2025
Level 1
Level 1

I have CSA version 5.0.0.183 installed on my computer and I have been requested to uninstall it by our international IT centre. When I try to remove it, I get 2 error messages. This happens any way I try. I have tried using the uninstall function through the start menu / programs / cisco directory & also tried through add/remove programs on control panel. I have also tried both of these ways in safe mode with networking. Every time I get the same error messages - see attached screen prints. Can someone offer some advice please.

7 Replies 7

I know that running this from the command line has helped me uninstall CSA from clients (5.2, but still) before:

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{DE499746-67B9-11D4-97CE-0050DA10E5AE}\setup.exe" --mt=removeall --autolevel=1

You'll likely have to replace the hexadecimal code with what matches yours, I have no idea how universal that is.

Good Luck

Thanks for the suggestion jyoung, but unfortunately it did not work. I got the same error message as the original attempts to remove.

phyxoz
Level 1
Level 1

The easiest way I have solved this before is to simply delete the registry keys that point to the CSA. Took about 5 minutes and never caused me an issue.

Its not the proper way I grant you, but it worked.

Thanks also, Christopher, but this did not work either. When I tried to delete the reg keys, I get an error message, saying "cannot delete Cisco; error while deleting key". It is frustrating, but I am hopeful someone else will have another idea for me to try. Thanks

Assuming it is a windows machine and you have admin rights, did you try this while in safe mode, or after killing the CSA service? It will not work if the CSA is actively running.

I know it's been a long time, but I'm curious if you were able to uninstall the client. Namely so i know what to watch for to keep my users from uninstalling it.

I deleted the registry keys in safe mode and it caused me problems with internet access - I was unable to get any connection. I would not recommend this to any one. It may work for some, but it did not for me. My last thought was to re-install the program and see if I can then uninstall it properly. Luckily this worked for me. So, my suggested solution, is to fully re-install the program & after re-starting the computer, uninstall it. Thanks to all who made suggestions on how to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: