Unable to remove / uninstall Cisco Security Agent 5.0.0.183

Unanswered Question
Jan 11th, 2010

I have CSA version 5.0.0.183 installed on my computer and I have been requested to uninstall it by our international IT centre. When I try to remove it, I get 2 error messages. This happens any way I try. I have tried using the uninstall function through the start menu / programs / cisco directory & also tried through add/remove programs on control panel. I have also tried both of these ways in safe mode with networking. Every time I get the same error messages - see attached screen prints. Can someone offer some advice please.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

I know that running this from the command line has helped me uninstall CSA from clients (5.2, but still) before:

"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{DE499746-67B9-11D4-97CE-0050DA10E5AE}\setup.exe" --mt=removeall --autolevel=1

You'll likely have to replace the hexadecimal code with what matches yours, I have no idea how universal that is.

Good Luck

baaeka2025 Thu, 02/04/2010 - 19:08

Thanks for the suggestion jyoung, but unfortunately it did not work. I got the same error message as the original attempts to remove.

baaeka2025 Thu, 02/04/2010 - 19:11

Thanks also, Christopher, but this did not work either. When I tried to delete the reg keys, I get an error message, saying "cannot delete Cisco; error while deleting key". It is frustrating, but I am hopeful someone else will have another idea for me to try. Thanks

baaeka2025 Mon, 03/01/2010 - 14:01

I deleted the registry keys in safe mode and it caused me problems with internet access - I was unable to get any connection. I would not recommend this to any one. It may work for some, but it did not for me. My last thought was to re-install the program and see if I can then uninstall it properly. Luckily this worked for me. So, my suggested solution, is to fully re-install the program & after re-starting the computer, uninstall it. Thanks to all who made suggestions on how to help.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content