Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Add 7942 IP Phone

tangwingto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My Call Manager version is 4.1(3)sr5b. I have tried to add 7942 phone firmware to the Call manager according to Cisco provided installation procedure.

After the EXE run and service restarted, I could find the Cisco 7942 on the list box under device-->phone when searching for device type.

How ever, when I tried to add phone, Cisco 7942 was not on the list.

Please kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Toe

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Toe,

When you mention adding the new firmware, was it via a new Device Pak?

If so, you  would need to schedule a time to give this a try. There is a need to ***reboot when adding support for a "new" device type;

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

**When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully.   A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

If installing on a Cisco Unified CallManager version earlier than 4.1(3)sr2, the following message will be displayed: “Install on all nodes is required.  All nodes will be rebooted as part of the installation.

If installing on Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1(3)sr2 (recommended), the following message will be displayed: "Install on Publisher and TFTP server is required.  Installation on all nodes is highly recommended."   ***A clusterwide install/reboot is required.

From these older Device Pack Notes (this would be for your DevPak as well

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-43_readme.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob