cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Immediate dialing without pressing dial button or #

naazish_khatri
Level 1
Level 1

I am using SPA9000, SPA400 and IP phones SPA942. when we dial the extension, it waits for 3 to 5 sec before ringing. I want to dial the extension and it should ring immediately without pressing dial  or # buttons. can someone solve this issue please.

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

This has to do with the dial plan programming, you need to change the interdigit long time interval and the interdigit short time interval on the dial plan in order to change this behavior. If you dont know where these parameters are located I suggest you have a look at the SPA phone Administration Guide, which explains who to modify the dial plan to manipulate these two parameters.

regards
Alberto

Dear Alberto,

This is our dial plan (<*97:vmm>|9,[3469]11S0|9,[2-9]xxxxxx|9,[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|9,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|9,011xx.|xxx.|[2345678]) and our extensions are 1xx. Could you please guide me on what changes i can make it here.

Thank you

Dear Sir;

Please follow these instructions to modify the dial plan:

- Long interdigit timer (L) is used when the user is not pressing any more keys and the entry does not explicitly match any entry in the dial plan (not explicit, but matches a generic entry, e.g. those which ends with .). Recommends to be general per line (like the first example below) and not lower than 3 seconds.

- Short interdigit timer (S) is used when the user is not pressing any more keys and the entry matches an explicit entry in the dial plan. Recommended to be per entry (like the second example below), and you have the option to set it to 0,1,2 (as 3 is the default value).

Regards

ā€¢Interdigit line timers (L, S)
ā€“L=8,S=4,(<dialplan_script>) will set Long timer to 8 and short timer to 4 for the associated line
ā€“Per entry: (00xxxxxxxxxS0 ) will set the short timer to 0 for the associated enty ā€“ useful for emergency/support calls

Thanks Alberto, got the concept of L and S. But solved the issue by making a new dial plan. Here the phone gets immediate ring.

For Saudi Arabia, Dial Plan: (<*97:vmm>|1xx|9,[26]xxxxxx|9,0[12346]xxxxxxx|9,05xxxxxxxx|9,9200xxxxx|9,800xxxxxxx|9,90x)

where [1xx is the 3 digit ext starting with 1],  [9,= to get the line.], [[26]xxxxxx is for dialing local Jeddah landline no.], [0[12346]xxxxxxx is for dialing national landline no.s], [05xxxxxxxx is for dialing mobile no.], [9200xxxxx & 800xxxxxxx are for dialing toll free and other no.], [90x is for dialing emergency no.s]  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: