- Blue, 1500 points or more
If you are operating a SPA525G phone and experienced handset quality issue, check to see what Phone FW you are running on your SPA525G:
*** Settings Button, then STATUS GUI, then PRODUCT INFORMATION GUI on the phone itself.
If you dont yet have at least 7.4.3 (posted Dec 23rd...) with release notes:
From that release note link, the following updates were made:
• Adjusted input gain for handset. (SIP and SPCP) <----- bingo!!!!!
• Added support for viewing a videocamera from the phone. (SIP and SPCP) Supported videocamera models are the Cisco PVC 2300 and the Cisco WVC 2300. Camera firmware version 18.104.22.168 and higher is required; consult the release notes for the camera. Videocameras are configured in the Web Administration Interface in the User tab.
• Added support for macro expansion in Cisco XML requests. (SIP and SPCP) You can now use macro variables in XML URLs.
and I bet he doesn’t have the latest.
I would also like to share that with CCA 2.2.1 (this new version as of today) you can "drag and drop" the Firmware to the UC500 icon in its topology view and it will load it for you!!!
How to get the SPA525FW (too big to email):
1. Navigate to the Cisco Support Center: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/index.html, 2. Click Download Software, 3. Log in to Cisco.com, 4. Click Voice and Unified Communications, 5. Click IP Telephony, 6. Click IP Phones, 7. Click Cisco Small Business Pro SPA500 Series IP Phones, 8. Select SPA525G for SPA525G firmware or select any of the SPA50xG phones for SPA50xG firmware. [SPA50XG all use the same image file].
Here is a 96-second screencast showing navigation to the firmware (Thanks to a Document from Patrick Born or Alberto Montilla, who I learn about these phones from)
Feel free to post to share your experience with this FW.
Systems Engineering, Sales