cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with a VG and ATA

hernandez-m
Level 1
Level 1

Consultation, I have a CUCM 7.1 with a plan to 4-digit numeric. There is a unique three digit number, and when he dials from a VG or ATA, this call takes 15 seconds. This does not happen with the IP Phones.

Any suggestions or why is this delay only with analog equipment.

greetings

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

This type of delay is usually caused by an Overlap in the Dialplan. For example 4-digit DN's that are 8xxx and a 3-digit DN that begins with 8xx. The best way to fix this is to remove any overlapping patterns. You can also look at this CCM Parameter (Interdigit Timeout);

Here is the method to change the "interdigit timeout";

Complete these steps to modify the settings:

Select Service > Service Parameters to go to Cisco CallManager System Parameters from the Cisco CallManager 4.1(x) Administration page.

Select the name of your server and service from the Server and Service fields.

Select TimerT302_msec.

In the Value field, type the timeout you want to configure (specify the time in milliseconds). For example, if you want to configure 5 seconds as the interdigit timeout, type 5000.

Caution: Be careful. Do not set the interdigit timeout value too low, otherwise the user does not have enough time to enter the digits while calling.

Click Update.

Restart Cisco CallManager to implement the changes.

From this excellent doc;

Delay in Call Establishment: Configuring the Interdigit Timeout

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dab26.shtml#solution3

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your answer. But this happens only because the analog and not the IP.

In relation to the Overlap, there are none that start with the three digit number, which for my case is 555.

I have the T302 parameter set in 6000

Greetings and hope you give me some other reference

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: