Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco asa-5505 port security

Not applicable

Sorry, if this request is already answered. I tried searching with no luck yet for a solution.

I am looking to hardcode a desktop mac address to a specific port on the asa-5505 so that if someone tries to use a different mac address it will violate and shutdown the port. just like on the cisco switches.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jason

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Jason,

As far as I know port security is not supported  in the intergrated switch the asa5505 have.  The least you can do for that requirement  is to use an external switch as your inside device  that supports port security.

Rgds

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks... I thought so because I don't see the commands... figured there may have been something else I could do... so I will investigate security for the device for use in an unsecure location, or find a way to prevent someone pulling the client cable and using it directly; as I am not currently using NAC so perhaps that is the key. will have to focus on that.

Thanks again for the confirmation.

Jason

I guess the closest you will come is to use a mac-list.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: