cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow users to login and view blocked emails

phretbuzz
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point me in a direction of how to configure the Cisco Blocker to allow users to login to the device and check blocked emails?

6 Replies 6

chris.pope
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on how you have your appliance configured blocked e-mails can be dropped or quarantained.  Are you looking to have users view quarantained e-mails? 

Yes, right now they are recieving emails that are blocked however they would like the ability to login as well.

Sorry I'm confused, but, are you saying they are receiving Spam Quarantine Notification e-mails but, they want to be able to login to the appliance without following the "view your email quarantine" link in the e-mail?

Yes, this was the first time I installed a blocker. Installed many Barracuda's but first Blocker. I thought there was a way for users to login through their AD account to view blocked emails. Are you saying the way to do this is by clicking on view your email quarantine?

Yes, clicking on the link in the e-mail will take the user to their local quarantine.  At that point they can view or release any of the quarantined e-mails.  They can also add addresses or domains to their blocklist/safelist from the same page by clicking on Options in the upper right hand portion of the page directly under their e-mail address.  Typically they do not need to login to get to this page but, depending on your configuration read below:

To access safelists and blocklists, end users whose accounts are authenticated using LDAP or Mailbox (IMAP/POP) authentication must log into their accounts on the Spam Quarantine. The end user must log into their account even if they are accustomed to accessing their messages via a spam notification (which usually doesn't require authentication). If the end-user authentication is set to NONE, end users do not need to log into their accounts to access safelist/blocklist settings.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: