cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones licensing with CallManager

coletemple
Level 1
Level 1

I start by wishing you all a happy new year 2010 !!

I am about to order Cisco IP Phones to be used in two locations:

Headquarter with Cisco 2851 router (with CCME: C2851-VSEC-CCME/K9)

Branch with Cisco 2821 router (with SRST : C2821-VSEC-SRST/K9)

Now I want to choose IP Phones but I am a bit confused about the licensing options:

I have IP Phones with CH1 licensing at the end of the model, meaning Call Manager and others with CCME at the end (Call Manager Express)…

Can you please explain which one is the right for all my IPPhones (Headquarter and Branch) ? also can you help understand what is the difference between these two licensing options.

Any document or link will be appreciated !

thanks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If all phones are tied to CUCM, then you will need to purchase DLUs for CallManager to support the phones.

If you have phones using the CME at the remote site (and not CUCM) you will need th correct license for the CME at that site.

And if you are using CME+SRST you will need licenses for the CUCM (all phones) AND licenses for the CME.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My phones will be using CME at the HQ and branch.

If I am not wrong, I believe that all my phones will be using CME licence...

When ordering, I see CP-79xx-CH1 and CP-79xx-CCME. what is the difference between these two IP Phones in term of licensing ?

Which IP Phone part number do I need in my design ? (CP-79xx-CH1 or CP-79xx-CCME)

Thanks

HI Paul,

Just to tag on to the great tips from my friend Tommer (+5 TCAT)

In your deployment the correct license is;

CP-79xx-CCME

With the CCME standing for Cisco Communications Manager Express

The "old" CP-79xx-CH1 is for pre-5.x CCM deployments. After 5.x the Communications

Manager (not express) phones require DLU's (Device License Units) as Tommer nicely

pointed out.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: