cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

conference call not working in CUCM 6.1(4)

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

when i make a conference call using "conf" soft key on a single line (with two incoming and two outgoing capability). the initiator (as well as the two added parties)hears the busy tone when adding third party..  i am facing the same problem when all extensions are internal numbers and same codec is used...the cucm version is 6.1(4) and ipccx 7.0..ip phones used are 7970

Regards

Nareh

3 Replies 3

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nareh,

We'll need some more information.

Is the IP Media streaming service running on at least one CCM (will give you G.711 conf br)

Are MRGs and MRGLs set up?

You say the same codec, is it G711?  If not you will need a hardware bridge.

What codec are you using on IPCCX (if any of the users are coming through it)?

Are these all internal callers or are some coming through PSTN gateways?

Thanks,

Art

Hi Art,

following is the information.

Yes the IP Media streaming service running on both CCM servers

yes MResourceGroup and MResourceList are set up and assigned to phone and gateway with CCMConf1 first and CCMConf2 second priority

yes codec is G711 every where there is no Wan. and outside network reach is via PRI..Software bridge should work if all codecs are G711 isn't it

I am using G711 on IPCCX too

I have tested with all internal caller as well as one PSTN caller but the result is same

Thanks,

Nareh

Nareh,

Yes, the software bridge should work if everything is G711.  From what you describe it should work.  Have you tried RTMT to see if a s/w conf bridge is being invoked?  After that you will want to look at the logs to see what the media resource manager messages are.

HTH.

Art

ooh - one last thing - try taking the bridges out of the MRGs so that they are in the "none" mrg - that makes them completely available to all devices - no matter what