enable pc port

Answered Question
Jan 12th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

How do I enable the PC switch port on the 7942 phone. Under settings it says it is not enabled, and there is no option to enable it that I can find anywhere. Yes I did unlock it but I just have an exit button. Please help.

Stephanie

Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 4 months ago

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SHeidemann Tue, 01/12/2010 - 14:24
User Badges:

Actually it looks like the port is enabled, I'm just not sure what I need to configure to reach the internet.

Steven Smith Tue, 01/12/2010 - 14:27
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

If it is plugged into a UC500, you should not need to do anything special on the phone to make this happen.  By default, it will pass the traffic.

SHeidemann Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:47
User Badges:

It's not, but I believe it's a pc system problem, thanks for the facts though.

Stephanie

Steven Smith Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:50
User Badges:

What are you using to test the connectivity?  It could be that DNS is to certain IP's and if you have static DNS servers, this could be a problem.  Can you ping by IP outside of the UC?

SHeidemann Wed, 01/13/2010 - 14:11
User Badges:

I don't know why but, I wasn't obtaining the DNS automatically. I configured the entry manually on the PC, and everything is a go.  Is there something in CCA that I should configure?

Stephanie

Correct Answer
Steven Smith Wed, 01/13/2010 - 14:39
User Badges:

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

SHeidemann Wed, 01/13/2010 - 15:33
User Badges:

Steven,

For this demo that is what I will need to do, and I'll know that it will work smoothly when I put one into production and that's a relief.

Much appreciated,

Stephanie

Actions

This Discussion