cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enable pc port

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

How do I enable the PC switch port on the 7942 phone. Under settings it says it is not enabled, and there is no option to enable it that I can find anywhere. Yes I did unlock it but I just have an exit button. Please help.

Stephanie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I doubt this happened, but look at the configuration for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1108333

service phone pcPort 1

That would disable the pc port on the phone.

Changing this to service phone pcPort 0 would enable the port.

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Actually it looks like the port is enabled, I'm just not sure what I need to configure to reach the internet.

If it is plugged into a UC500, you should not need to do anything special on the phone to make this happen.  By default, it will pass the traffic.

It's not, but I believe it's a pc system problem, thanks for the facts though.

Stephanie

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What are you using to test the connectivity?  It could be that DNS is to certain IP's and if you have static DNS servers, this could be a problem.  Can you ping by IP outside of the UC?

I don't know why but, I wasn't obtaining the DNS automatically. I configured the entry manually on the PC, and everything is a go.  Is there something in CCA that I should configure?

Stephanie

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

Steven,

For this demo that is what I will need to do, and I'll know that it will work smoothly when I put one into production and that's a relief.

Much appreciated,

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: