cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enable pc port

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

How do I enable the PC switch port on the 7942 phone. Under settings it says it is not enabled, and there is no option to enable it that I can find anywhere. Yes I did unlock it but I just have an exit button. Please help.

Stephanie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I doubt this happened, but look at the configuration for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_s1ht.html#wp1108333

service phone pcPort 1

That would disable the pc port on the phone.

Changing this to service phone pcPort 0 would enable the port.

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Actually it looks like the port is enabled, I'm just not sure what I need to configure to reach the internet.

If it is plugged into a UC500, you should not need to do anything special on the phone to make this happen.  By default, it will pass the traffic.

It's not, but I believe it's a pc system problem, thanks for the facts though.

Stephanie

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What are you using to test the connectivity?  It could be that DNS is to certain IP's and if you have static DNS servers, this could be a problem.  Can you ping by IP outside of the UC?

I don't know why but, I wasn't obtaining the DNS automatically. I configured the entry manually on the PC, and everything is a go.  Is there something in CCA that I should configure?

Stephanie

If the IP of the WAN is DHCP, it works automatically.  If the WAN is a static IP, you need to add DNS servers into the DHCP configuration for the computers.

Steven,

For this demo that is what I will need to do, and I'll know that it will work smoothly when I put one into production and that's a relief.

Much appreciated,

Stephanie