Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirement for Cisco 2821 ISR Router

EngZiad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

when we buy Cisco 2821 router does it come with CallManagerExpress software included CME or we have to buy it aside

and is it enough if we have it to run a small ip telephony solution for 30 ip phone(7911 for example) or we need to buy and Integrated Service Engine Card

Is this its exact name or has other name?

i.e. to create a small ip telephony solution  i need to have exaclty what

only the Cisco 2821 router or buy additional modular cards

thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,

When you buy 2821 router it will be most likely version with IP-base software and no modules. You need IOS version where you have CCME included and probably module card for PSTN connection (E1 or FXO card depends what you have there).

Best option is to talk about your requiremnts to your local Cisco partner.

K.

Thanks my friend ,

I have downloaded CCNA Voice book where it is stated that we should buy 3 Licenses ( IOS,Feature&Phone) from Cisco to run our mini VoIP solution and in that way We get the CME software(may be download it from cisco.com) and copy it to the Router flash by the aid of TFTP server and finally extract it on router's flash and then start configuration.

So this basically will fit for intra VoIP solution where users can call inside their company without calling outside.

Now for external call , we need a modular card to be added.

Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's a bundle:

CISCO2821-CCME/K9 or CISCO2821-SRST/K9.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: