cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittant bad requests

dhankins1
Level 1
Level 1

Our UC -520 is apparently rejecting some calls. I suspect they may all be Vonage customers but I can't be sure.(yet). I cleared the sip-ua statistics and had our president call from his vonage line and checked the stats again. I showed badrequests 0/20. Is there any way to narrow that down to what's causing this?

9 Replies 9

Please provide a "debug ccsip messages" for a failed call and also the running configuration of the system (remove passwords before posting). Was this working before?

Thanks,

Marcos

how exactly do I export our configuration to a file?

You need to Telnet and authenticate to the UC500 and then type the following:

UC500>enable

UC500#debug ccsip messages 

SIP Call messages tracing is enabled

UC500#terminal monitor

Make the call and copy the output to a text file. then, disable the debug collection:

UC500#undebug all

Thanks,

Marcos

Thanks for the very quick response. We have a combined experience of over a century in this shop but I seem to be the one delegated to become our Cisco expert. I have attached the log although some of it seems truncated. It looks like the relevant stuff is there. I can send you a copy of our configuration file if that will help. Thanks again. Our president is breathing fire over this.

You should upgrade to the 7.1.3 software pack.  It will fix the issue.  The problem is...

CSCsu57129: Comma in Caller ID prevents calls to reach in SIP - SIP  Trunk config
It doesn't like the comma in the from field.  The bug if fixed in 7.1.3 and newer software packs.  You can get those here...

dhankins1
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to update our UC 520 but we get this error that a TFTP server is running. We couldn't find one. After hours of effort, I unboxed a brand new XP computer, loaded CCA 2.2 on it and the update package to fix our original error. Same message. This computer is about an hour old and nothing has ever been run on it. Could there be an error in CCA? Is there a process to do this update by CLI?

You should disable the firewall, antivirus, and only have one NIC connected.  Without seeing the computer, I can't tell you want it doesn't like, but there might be something running on the tftp port.

Close CCA and run a netstat -an

Post the output here.

Also, can you capture a screen shot of the error?  I believe it will give multiple problems that you could be having, one being tftp. 

It has been suggested that we may have a bad sector in our flash drive. Is there a way to test for that? I have included the output of the netstat -an command. I don't see any open ports that would cause this. I have tried 3 different computers now with the same error. Never had this issue before.

dhankins1
Level 1
Level 1

The IOS upgrade did the trick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: