im not familiar with the MS products and need some advice with CUPS please.
i have a client who currently have a small CUCM 7 installation with a small UCCX installation and they are now looking to extend the CUCM bit across the organisation. the directors so an advert for the MS OCS 2007 where an IM chat was excalated to a video conference and the video feed followed the audio around the room (i think this is called round table) and they want it.
1) what MS products do they need to be able to offer IM, Presence and the escalation to audio/video conferencing?
2) will this integrate with the existing CUCM7 installation and how?
3) if i offered them a Cisco solution like CUPS would they still need a conferencing solution or would the CUCM or CUPS be enough for the video conferencing?
4) if they went for the OCS, would it work with CUPC?
5) Currently on CUCM 7 they could run CUVA. would a user be able to dial into a video conference that was in progress between two sites?
I know that out the box CUCM can offer audio conferencing with software conference bridges. can it also offer VC?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
There are three ways to integrate OCS with CUCM:
1) Direct SIP
A SIP trunk was created between OCS and CUCM. CUCM is acting as "enterprise PBX".
2) MOC RCC
No SIP trunk is required. MOC send RCC request to OCS. OCS routes the request to CUPS. CUPS sends CTI control to CUCM.
No SIP trunk is required. A Cisco plugin is installed on MOC. This plugin sends CTI control directly to CUCM.