cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous APs to LWAPP

jcomment
Level 1
Level 1

I have a project to upgrade the current Autonomous APs 1242 running on a customer site and they want them to be converted to LWAPP and moved over to controller.Is there a way to convert them? Note the APs are about 12-15ft high in the ceiling.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless you know some IOS upgrade commands, I'd recommend you stick with the Upgrade Tool.  The "archive" command is used to upgrade the firmware from your TFTP server to the appliance where you are running the command from.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You could either use the LWAPP upgrade tool or just use the archive command to load the LWAPP conversion image to the AP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

tahirjamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

cisco upgrade tool is available on  cisco web site you can download it and then you need to create a text file which you want to convert them.format is given below

This is simplest way to convert.

Helping document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

thanks

Tahir

jcomment
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to remove the existing config off the APs and can I keep the current IP Address?

Depending on the firmware your WLC is running it is possible.  If you look at the Conversion Tool there is a tick box to keep the static IP address.

What's the archive command?  Thanks

Unless you know some IOS upgrade commands, I'd recommend you stick with the Upgrade Tool.  The "archive" command is used to upgrade the firmware from your TFTP server to the appliance where you are running the command from.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card