WLC MR 6.0.188 Code

Unanswered Question
Jan 13th, 2010

We are planning to install the WLC MR 6.0.188 Code but wanted to know if anybody has experienced any issues with this code ?

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Victor Fabian Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:35

Our WiSM were continuously rebooting for no reason but according to Cisco this was a memory leak that it can actually be fix with this code but since this code is fairly new I wanted to get some feedback before I upgrade.

nathan.a.reeves Wed, 01/20/2010 - 04:25

I'm using this version on new installs (actually comes out of the box with this version).  Only hit a couple of issues (funnily enough today).

• First was AP's (1142's in this case) with MAC Addresses which don't start with '00' don't register with the WLC.  The solution

as provided by TAC is to make sure the AP's are on a different subnet to the WLC Management interface (using Option43 or DNS to specify the WLC management address).  There is a fix coming out soon apparently.

• I saw the web service on the WLC burp today and stop serving content.  I had to restart the unit to fix it up.

I've not been able to search the bug db against this release.  The version isn't listed and the 5500 WLC unit's aren't listed either.

Apart from that, things are operating normally as far as I can tell.

George Stefanick Fri, 01/22/2010 - 23:13

Im running on 2 WiSMs. No issues, but i did hit 2 bugs...

The bootloader bug and the WCS showing half-duplex on the access points..

This Discussion